Monday 4 October 2010

Asha.

X: Ok.  So you think lots.  What about her.
Y: Good question indeed.
X: I'm going to ask you what you think about her.
Y: [pause, then] Can it be said?
X: That's sort of the point.  How long have you known her for?
Y: Six years.
X: That's a lot of years.
Y: But can one say 'how I feel about her'.
X: Why not though?
Y: [quiet passion] What does it even mean?  'I like her?'  I find it dubious to conceive that one can take all the moments they have ever experienced, with that person; and then say, after all the experiences had together; everything which was said, and that which was wanted to be said; - yes, I like her.  She's alright.   It doesn't quite do it justice.
X: Ok.  But what about her specifically.
Y: [in spite of self, and aware of this] --Feels like me.
X: 'She's you'?
Y: Sounds awful, obviously.
X: But you still think it.
Y: Of course.
X: .. What is she like?
Y: [warming] Fascinating.
X: How though?
Y: She's great.  -- You meet her and she blows you away.   - I'm also the single one who knows her.
X: Oh dear.  What about Occam's razor.
Y: Yes.  It's probably right in this instance.   But I feel it anyway.
X: That's... awfully human of you.
Y: [as before; in spite of self] I can't describe how she makes me feel.
X: 'She'.
Y: Yes I know; I like it too.
X: Your she?
Y: Always.   Interestingly too; it's the only she who threatens all that I am.
X: ['realises'] She humanises you?
Y:  [thinking] Yes...
X: And that scares you?
Y: [knowing pause; 'furrowed brow'] Hugely.
X: I'd like to meet her.
Y: I would like to see her again.
X: Where is she now?
Y: [almost nostalgic] I don't know.
X: Will she ever come back?
Y: I'm not sure.
X: Will you wait for her if she did?
Y: ...
Y: I find her absence more interesting.  What is a plausible explanation.    She said pretty explicitly she'd want us 'to have the summer together'.
X: What are the possibilities?
Y: Well there are some; 1) that it's too much for her, so she left it; that she didn't like the vulnerability;   2) that she met an alternative, 3) that she's simply too busy.  The first is dubious, the second ridiculous, and the third possible, but silly.
X: 'Expand'?
Y: First: true, but unlikely to cause her silence; I've always made her like that, so there is something else accounting for its specific happening now.  Second: has happened before as well; other suitors all whom meant well, though paled in comparison to our magnitude.  Third: quite possible.  It sounds rather like her.  But again, the question unanswered remains; why now.
X: Do you think understanding it makes yourself feel better.
Y: Yes; it allows me some control over a situation I have no control over and is very serious to me.  In a manner of speaking; the prattling helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment